IT automation of business procedures
Your business can in all likelihood save a great deal of money by automating business procedures. A lot of processes and tasks could in Danish companies be standardised and automated with simple IT tools. By it your employees can be released from trivial and boring tasks and simultaneously your company can become even more efficient.
Why automation gives value
Among advantages of automations are the following:
- Releases resources in the organisation
- Reduce delivery time on services, among others within IT
- Increases flexibility and efficiency
- Raises quality
- Gives a consistent processing of tasks
- Relieves IT employees, who can lift heavier IT tasks
Avoid trivial tasks
and automate in the IT department
Where can we automate?
The figure shows examples of automation in the IT department, be it creation of users, execution of batch jobs or automatic orders of a given thing. A field, which is often overlooked, but makes great sense when it comes to automation, is automatic creation and maintenance of data. For instance, creation of products in a storage system at a given action or creation of customers in a CRM solution, which is initiated every time a customer is created in the ERP solution.
When to automate, it is important to look at where there lie standardised tasks. It can be complex tasks, but it is essential that the process can be defined. The figure above shows examples from the IT department, but also tasks in the HR, finance, and marketing departments can be automated.
Automation can be combined with workflows, so only a part of the workflow is automated, and other parts are processed manually, as an example, the workflow with ordering a new phone below:
Ordering a new phone
- Employee fills out a form with predefined fields, e.g. option between allowed phones.
- Form is sent automatically to the employee's superior for approval.
- Phone is ordered automatically at the supplier from whom you buy the phones concerned.
Creation of a user in ERP
- User notes username in form, in which ERP environment, and if the user should be temporary or permanent.
- Provided that the user is entitled to access, the user is automatically created in ERP.
If the user should not have access according to the company's policy, a request is sent to the superior, who must approve before creation happens automatically.
Tools for automation
In Syspeople, we automate with a variation of tools. There exists simple and more advanced solutions.
With ServiceNow accompanies tools for automation.
Syspeople also applies other simple and effective tools for automation, which can be integrated with both ServiceNow and System Center, including Azure, Microsoft Orchestrator, and others.
If you have or consider getting a Service Management solution, then asks us and receive an estimation of what you could retrieve of saving by automation in your company.
If you want to know more and get a broad-based approach to automation with focus on how your company can profit, then contact us on phone +45 7034 5657 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more?
Let Syspeople contact you.